Yoga For Hair Growth: Practice It Daily To Enhance Your Hair Growth!
Yoga has numerous benefits, but did you know that it can help your hair and all sorts of problems that might be related to it? Read more to find out!
Troubled by hair loss? Tired of trying different remedies? We feel you. Falling out of love with your hair is always heart-breaking. But do not fret. Have you ever tried yoga for hair growth? Yes, you read it right. Yoga it is. So, let’s learn some yoga poses for you to try. A good hair day always boosts our confidence and makes our day instantly. So, the importance of having good-looking hair is so much high in our daily day life.
Even an occasional bad hair day puts our mood to damage. So having to deal with intense hair fall is dreadful for all our lives. But discussing the cure, let’s break it out, you are not alone in this journey. This is that one single problem that a good majority of people struggle with.
Yoga For Hair Growth: A Suitable Cure For Your Hair Fall?
Hair loss and hair growth problems have been becoming so much more common these days even among teenagers. This could be mostly due to regular usage of chemical products in your hair, or sometimes it could also be your genes. By now, you would have tried all ways possible to increase hair growth.
There are indeed different ways you can try to reduce hair fall significantly, but not all work. It’s important to study the root cause of your reduced hair growth. This way, you can treat the cause and not the hair, which shows faster progress in reducing hair fall. There’s always a new way to try and find a suitable cure for your hair fall.
You might be aware of the changes that yoga can bring into your lives. Also, yoga is familiar to us for maintaining balanced health. But have you ever heard of doing yoga for hair growth? Sounds strange? But yes, this is a thing. In this article, let’s learn more about yoga asanas and their impact on hair growth.
How Yoga Can Affect Your Hair?
You might be new to this “yoga for hair growth” hearing. This is being hyped so much these days due to the wonders that yoga practice shows in your hair growth. Say what? you can choose from different varieties of yoga poses for hair growth.
However, it’s interesting how easy is it to regain back the luscious looks that you have always dreamt of. All you need is a yoga mat to spread over and start learning some poses. A lot of people have different opinions about considering yoga as a remedy for hair fall. But all of these non-approving statements have to agree with the fact that yoga increases blood circulation of your hair.
You might be wondering how yoga benefits your hair growth!
Let’s break down this into two. There are two ways through which yoga practice can benefit you with increased hair growth.
- One of the main reasons why hair fall happens is stress and who doesn’t know! Yoga reduces stress. So, by practicing yoga, you can control hair loss to a great extent.
- Yoga also helps in regulating blood flow and thus helps with hair growth. One of the most helpful yoga poses is the head stand pose.
If we get down to the kinds of yoga poses, it is said that all forward-bending asanas bring the circulation of blood flow to the head region and also increase general circulation. But when it comes to the effectiveness of different poses, unfortunately, it requires more scientific studies. Some say that the shoulder stand, downward dog pose, and mudra yoga have proven to show excellent results and are some of the most effective yoga asanas for good hair health. However, all the effects of yoga sink if you don’t practice it daily or 3-4 days a week.
Yoga Asanas For Hair Growth And Their Benefits!
As discussed before, these yoga poses encourage direct blood flow to your scalp(1) which relieves stress and helps regain your hair strength. But not all yoga poses help in hair growth. Now, which are these poses? And how can it be done? Here, let’s have a detailed look at these yoga asanas for hair growth and their benefits.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
By doing this yoga asana, you can recover from tiredness, lack of sleep, and fatigue. These three factors are very likely to impact the process of hair growth.
How To Do?
- Stand straight in a yoga mat with your arms at rest.
- Now bend forward at your hips and bring your arms down to your legs.
- Press down your fingertips to your knees, toes, or even ground, relying upon your flexibility. You can also try by keeping the knees slightly bent.
- Slowly relax your head. Feel the sensation of your head hanging while being in this position.
- Then, start experiencing the feel of a stretch at the back of your legs.
- Remain in this same position and count several deep breaths.
- Now, slowly raise your head while exhaling and return to your standing position.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
This particular yoga pose increases blood circulation in your head, and you can use this asana to increase sinus activity to get yourself out of a cold. research has shown that the Adho Mukha Svanasana is much more effective for conditions like depression, insomnia, (2) and mental fatigue.
How To Do?
- Place your arms at rest and stand on a yoga mat.
- Now keep your legs hip-width apart and your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly spread your fingers wide. Now start visualizing energy flowing into your body from the mat through your hands.
- Visualize your body being in an upside-down V position and imagine your spine is stretching longer.
- Maintain this position for three to five breaths, then go back to the resting position.
This pose again works the same way. It helps in strengthening the hair from its roots and is a perfect solution to hair breakage and premature greying.
How To Do?
- Sit in a cross-legged sitting meditation pose or Padmasana. (3)
- Now place the tip of your ring finger to the tip of your thumb.
- Slowly bring gentle pressure between both these fingers.
- Remember to keep other fingers straight and open.
- Keep practicing Prithvi mudra as a meditation.
This full body exercise is great for your overall health. But including this in your hair growth practices would be beneficial as it regulates blood circulation in your head. This pose can greatly help with hair growth and hair loss.
How To Do?
- Stand on your yoga mat in a resting position.
- Make a 90-degree angle of your body with your legs by laying on your back against a wall.
- Now slowly lift your hips from the ground.
- You can use your hands for support.
- Then, keep the balance of your whole body on your shoulders.
- Slowly bring back your legs to a resting position and lay down on the ground for a few seconds.
Prasarita Padottanasana (The Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
By now, you might be aware that the slowing down of blood flow to your scalp results in worse hair growth. So, this yoga asana would be the right one to introduce proper blood flow to your scalp.
How To Do?
- Stay at the resting position on your mat.
- Place your legs facing forwards and apart.
- Now bend forward from your hip joints and place your hands down on the floor.
- Slowly bring your head on the ground or against a yoga brick. Try to rest on your head by standing in this position.
- Remain in the same position until 10 slow breaths.
- Flatten your back and place your hands on the hips.
- Now, bring back your torso upwards while inhaling.
Through these effective yoga asanas for hair growth, you get to turn back your healthy hair days. This is a wonderful practice to regain strong and thick hair which enhances your total appearance as well. Besides being a super-powerful solution for hair growth, yoga also helps you with other benefits. It precisely acts as a stress reliever for your body by improving your all-around well-being.
So, if you regularly practice these yoga poses at least 3-4 days a week, it would provide you with healthy-appearing hair and also show high results in your overall wellness. Start your day with positivity and achieve the best results for your hair goals. Good luck!
International Journal of Yoga. (n.d). Exploring the therapeutic effects of yoga and its ability to increase quality of life. [Online] Available at:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3193654/
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (1998-2022). Insomnia. [Online] Available at:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/insomnia/symptoms-causes/syc-20355167#:~:text=Insomnia%20is%20a%20common%20sleep,tired%20when%20you%20wake%20up.
Kerala Tourism. (2022). Padmasana - The Lotus Pose. [Online] Available at:https://www.keralatourism.org/yoga/sitting-postures/padmasana
Write a Comment