Have you gone through the stage where you devour every Google search on how to increase breast size naturally, but in vain? Because you still are awfully conscious of your breast size and you want to increase it. Do seeing those seamlessly airbrushed and skillfully photoshopped pictures of models and female actors on magazines and ads help? I don’t really think so.
Being comfortable in your skin and your body is the first step forward in a journey toward self-love and acceptance. This often gets interrupted, thanks to the society we live in. It’s 2021, and shamelessly scrutinizing others’ bodies with judgemental eyes hasn’t changed much. It really is unsurprising but sad, too.
The question is can you really increase your breast size naturally? Read more to find out the answer!
Can You Increase Your Breast Size Naturally?
- 1 Can You Increase Your Breast Size Naturally?
- 2 Factors Determining Breast Size
- 3 How To Increase Breast Size Naturally?
- 4 How to increase breast size with exercise?
- 5 How to increase breast size through yoga?
- 6 How to increase breast size with food?
- 7 How to massage breasts for increasing size?
- 8 A Word Of Caution
- 9 Do supplements and lotions for increasing breast size work?
Women often ask around the frequently asked question: how to increase your breast size, albeit hushed. One of the common and obvious solutions is breast augmentation among several other surgically invasive, quick yet effective fixes.
But are you really willing to go under the knife or syringe for a matter of feeling inhibited (or, let’s say dissatisfied) with your body parts, which may or may not matter in a year? If yes, things will be much easier for you. But not only surgical options are complicated but also not feasible for all women. So, what do you do?
Besides these permanent surgical fixes, you may have other options to increase your breast size or stimulate breast tissue you may haven’t considered yet.
However, it is essentially important to acknowledge the fact that you need to wait for nature to take its course. Especially for teenagers. They want to speed up their growth, including the growth of their body parts. And the pressure from society (which blindly follows constructed images of “perfect bodies” to scale beauty) puts on these kids is immense. In a bad way, might I add?
There could be many reasons why you want to increase your breast size. So you try almost every trick in the book to make your breasts appear bigger. Push-up bras? Check. Bras with silicone pads? Check that too.
Your “disproportionately” sized breasts may not adorn your clothes the way you would like. Or their size makes you self-conscious in an intimate situation with your partner. Or there could be a chance of someone making fun of you for having a “flat chest.” Most of us must have heard that one during our teenage years.
Whatever the reason be, you want to know how to get bigger breasts naturally without having to go through a surgical option. Well, from increasing breast size through diet to toning exercises and yoga sessions to ancient methods of massaging, there are ways you can try. The keyword here is “try.” Because aside from our bodies naturally doing their work, what more can we do to change things around? Before we get into that, let’s see what are the factors determining your breast size.
Factors Determining Breast Size
Your cup size is not predestined. Unlike other body parts, your breast size continues to change from time to time. They can change both sizes as well as shapes throughout your life. So, what affects and determines the size of your breasts? A combination of the following factor may determine your breast size:
The complexity of the anatomy of breasts is terrific. With connective or supportive tissue, fatty tissue, and milk glands and ducts(1), each individual has a unique anatomy. If you have more supportive tissue than fatty tissue, you won’t see a drastic difference in your size if you lose or gain weight. And vice-versa. But there has to be a significant weight change to change your breast size.
The soreness, lumpiness, or swelling of your breasts during your monthly period is normal. Because your body prepares itself with enlarged glands for a possible pregnancy and returns to their normal size and texture later. Your menstrual cycle brings distinct changes to the size, shape, and texture of your breasts. During the first half, estrogen brings ovulation and stimulates the milk ducts and the second half produces progesterone which stimulates the formation of milk glands. All of these may increase your breast size out of nowhere.
Birth Control and Pregnancy
If you start birth control, it impacts your breast size. When you choose hormonal birth control methods such as hormonal IUD(2), the pill, or the shot, estrogen, and progesterone in these can cause edema (or water retention). This changes your breast size.
Of course, pregnancy changes your entire body. Especially your breasts. They can grow several cup sizes due to inevitable hormonal changes like an increase in progesterone.
Obviously, everyone’s breasts change noticeably with age and time. Your breast tissue grows with time. Add hormonal changes to the mix, the impact on your breasts will be massive. For instance, when you hit menopause, the significant drop in estrogen levels causes connective tissue to become dehydrated and lose its elasticity. This change in elasticity together with stretched ligaments and ceasing of breast tissue from preparing milk shrinks the breasts. All of these are absolutely normal.
As you already know, there are a bunch of characteristics your genes dictate. For instance, your height or skin color. Just like that, your genes can help dictate your breast size.
If you do pectoral exercises that bulk up your pecs, your breasts can push out a bit more than usual. Or if you have started lifting weights more recently, you may notice your breasts getting perkier. These exercises actually do help in making your breasts appear bigger in size. I have listed a few of those exercises below for you to try.
These are the factors determining your breast size. You also have to consider talking to your doctor if you experience breast change out of nowhere. It could be due to tumor growth in your breast. However, it is completely normal for breasts to change their size, shape, or texture because you can, almost always, pinpoint a reason behind the change. Did you know that our breasts change in size almost 6 times? We truly are wonder women!
How To Increase Breast Size Naturally?
Without surgery, your options are limited. Also, none of these options can actually increase your breast size magically in a week or 10 days. Let’s not twist the truth. Although they may help you enhance the appearance of your chest, they cannot increase your breast size. I will mention a few frequently asked questions related to these options available to help you understand the basics behind them.
How to increase breast size with exercise?
This is the most frequently asked question. Because exercise does change bodies right? Pectoral exercises (recommended here) strengthen your pecs—four major muscles behind your breast tissue that facilitate arm movement and deep breathing. Since these muscles are positioned below your breast tissue, exercising focusing there can theoretically add volume to your chest.
The exercises listed below focus on pectorals, back, and shoulder muscles so that they can tone the muscles behind your breast tissue naturally to improve your posture. This, in turn, enhances breast size naturally in a few days. Do these exercises at home three times a week with weights, a bag of books, a water bottle with sands, or cans of food.
- Stand in front of a wall and press your palms flat on the wall while making sure your palms are the same height as your chest.
- Bend your elbows slowly and lean towards the wall until your head or chin nearly touches it. Hold the position for two or three seconds.
- Return to the original position.
- Repeat the movement at least 10 to 15 times while keeping your back straight.
- Do 3 sets.
- Stretch both arms out to the side at shoulder level.
- Gently move them around backward for 1 minute.
- Slowly move them around in forwarding circles for 1 minute.
- Pulse your arms up and down (small motion) for 1 minute.
- Repeat the movements two times with a break.
- For an advanced movement, add small weights.
- Stand and open your hands until they are behind your back.
- Bring your hands front and back.
- Repeat this for one minute.
- For an advanced movement, you can use a resistance band or weights.
Horizontal Chest Press
- Extend your arms in front of your body.
- Bend your arms at a 90-degree angle.
- Open your arms as wide as possible, then bring them back together again.
- Repeat the movement for 1 minute.
Dumbbell Chest Press
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Lift the weights towards each other over your chest while straightening your arms.
- Slowly, with control, bring the dumbbells down to the original position.
- Repeat this movement for 3 sets of 10 to 12 chess presses.
- Lie on the ground with your palms flat, outside of your chest and your knees on the ground.
- Push your body up until your arms are almost straight.
- While keeping a slight bend in your elbows, slowly lower your body down with controlled resistance. Focus on your pecs.
- Repeat this movement for 3 sets of 12 push-ups.
- Lie on your stomach.
- Slowly lift your body while supporting its weight on your arms and toes.
- Keep your body straight and your arms bent directly under your shoulder.
- Hold this position for 1 minute while breathing in and out.
- Later, increase the time.
Isometric Chest Contractions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Outstretch your arms to hold a hand towel in front of your chest.
- Pull each side of the towel simultaneously to contract your chest muscles in short bursts.
- Continue pulling in a pulsing motion for 3 minutes.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet firmly flat on the ground.
- Place your hands under your head.
- Lift your shoulders and upper back away from the ground while focusing your eyes on the ceiling.
- Exhale as you lift your body, hold for a second, and inhale as you return to the original position.
- Repeat the movement for 3 sets of 10 crunches.
Also, keep in mind that adding muscle mass does not necessarily enlarge your breasts. By increasing this type of breast tissue, you get toned and a broader chest instead of a supple and round look.
How to increase breast size through yoga?
The next question is about yoga. Yoga naturally heals diseases you counter from within by uniting the body with the mind. In doing so, it helps in stretching the tissues as well as building muscles. It also answers your question of ancient ways to increase breast size. Try incorporating these yoga exercises into your daily routine to see the desired results.
Ustrasana – Camel Pose
- Sit on your knees and put your hands behind your back.
- Slowly bend backward, facing the ceiling.
- Try to hold your ankles with palms while slowly pushing the buttocks.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat the movement 10 times.
Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose
- Lie on your stomach on the ground with your foot straight on the floor.
- Put your hands beside your chest.
- Slowly lift your upper body and create a curve on your back.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat the movement 10 times.
Dwikonasan – Double Angle Pose
- Stand and stretch both your hands backward.
- Lock your hands.
- Bend down to try and touch your head to your knees.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and repeat the movement 10 times.
How to increase breast size with food?
Following a healthy, balanced diet is always the solution for issues regarding the body. There is no specific food(3) that you can eat to increase your breast size. But eating specific nutrients maintains the overall health of breasts.
According to studies and experts, low levels of estrogen can result in smaller breasts. So it is suggested to eat more estrogen-type foods. This helps in weight gain as a result of eating such foods. Because the breast tissue is primarily made of fat, gaining weight in general increases breast size.
You can eat foods rich in phytoestrogen or plant estrogen, or consume vitamin C to help restore collagen. The foods you can ingest more include soy products —soy milk, soy cheese, soybeans, tofu—, fenugreek, fennel seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, carrots, pumpkin, plums, cucumber, broccoli, beans, green leafy vegetables, oats, eggs, papayas, apples, oranges, peaches, cashew, walnuts and peanuts, brown rice, whole grains, dairy products, and dry fruits.
How to massage breasts for increasing size?
Massaging improves blood circulation in the body. When you massage your breasts, it will improve blood circulation in your chest which promotes the overall health of the breasts. However, massaging cannot increase your breast size per se.
It stretches out tissues within the breast and makes them appear firmer and toned. Massaging also stimulates the body to release oxytocin and prolactin, both of which are believed to help in promoting breast growth.
Use any oils like olive oil, fennel oil, flaxseed oil, or any breast enlargement lotions (though ineffective, they help in massaging). After applying oil, massage your breasts inwardly from the outside in circular strokes. You have to massage at least 15 minutes a day for proper breast stimulation. Also, remember that too much rubbing can make your breasts swollen and sensitive.
A Word Of Caution
Remember: always talk to your doctor before starting a new diet regimen or exercise routine to bring any changes in your body. Another key point to keep in your mind in order to not get discouraged is being consistent. Nothing happens overnight. You simply cannot expect to change your body within two days of intense workout sessions. Be regularly consistent in what you follow and wait. Do not expect immediate results, but the change will come!
Do supplements and lotions for increasing breast size work?
These products are not particularly new. We see several ads promising a significant increase in breast size along with reviews from “real people” that it becomes too tempting to buy these. Especially when some influencer or celebrity claims that they do work. Some brands may guarantee a return of money as well.
Though many companies that market and sell these kinds of breast enlargement products claim to work, let me tell you, none of them work. Do not fall for such scams. These are not my words. There is no clinical trial data or scientific research or studies to back up these supplements or lotions.
Truthfully, these types of products are not legitimate health products. But simply a part of an unregulated beauty market without any monitoring by any government organization like the FDA. This could mean that the ingredients these companies use may be from unknown sources without any assurance of safety from harmful effects. The products could include potentially harmful chemicals or artificial coloring. Some herbs they use can interact with other medications.
To conclude, there is no evidence that breast-enhancement supplements can be taken safely nor do they work. Not to mention, these products aren’t required to undergo diligent evaluation before they are approved for widespread use. So, stay away from these kinds of compelling products.
Other ways to make your breasts look appear bigger than your size are choosing the right bra size and ditching that slouch to walk with good posture (exercises can help). You can also master the art of contouring. It is important to understand that our body and its anatomy are individualized. It varies from person to person. So how it works and looks also varies.
All of us struggle with loving our bodies just the way they are. There is no blaming here. Because we were conditioned to think that in order to love our bodies, we need to attain a certain level of insane beauty standard.
Each of us needs to break out of that bubble and start to admire our bodies just the way they are. It takes patience and time, of course, but we will all get there.
Self-love is a long drive journey on its own with the courage to accept ourselves and persistence to embrace what we are and what makes us who we are. The moment you start the journey with love and patience, no one can tear you down. Not even that celebrity you long to change bodies with.
- Medela AG. (2019). Reasons for blocked ducts. (Online). Available at https://www.medela.in/breastfeeding-professionals/education/lactation-period/blocked-ducts
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. (2021). What are hormonal IUDs? (Online). Available at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/iud/hormonal-iuds
- Lentils. (2021). Top Foods For Good Breast Health. (Online). Available at https://www.lentils.org/top-foods-for-good-breast-health/