Diwali, the festival of lights is one of the biggest and best traditional festivals in India. The festival itself is beautiful. Dressing up for Diwali is fun and also one of the rarest occasions where you can experiment with looks and colors. Diwali is all about glowing like a princess, having fun with friends and family, and eating great food.
Best Celebrity Inspired Diwali Looks!
- 1 Best Celebrity Inspired Diwali Looks!
- 2 Deepika Padukone Inspired Diwali Look
- 3 Bollywood Next-Gen Diva Ananya Pandey’s Diwali Look
- 4 Stylish and Cute Jhanvi Kapoor’s Diwali Inspiration
- 5 Kareena Kapoor Khan, The Queen’s Diwali Inspiration Idea
- 6 The Cute and Talented, Aliya Bhatt
- 7 Shilpa Shetty Kundra Diwali Indo Western Look
- 8 Mouni Roy’s Simple Festive Look
- 9 Bhumi Pednekar Bold And Daring Diwali Look
If you are trying to figure out a Diwali outfit that’s going to help you to stand out, look like a real diva, we have some tips for you. Here are some of my favorite celebrity Diwali(1) looks which I think can completely steal the show if recreated.
Unlike yesterday’s fashion- today the looks have evolved from the basic saree look to rocking an Indo western look for this Diwali- we have you guys covered. Let’s get started….
Deepika Padukone Inspired Diwali Look
When it comes to fashion and experimenting yet staying on the safe side- no one has managed to rival the Bollywood queen Deepika Padukone(2). From rocking the traditional avatar to taking the western look to a whole new level. Our Padmavati is someone we can certainly steal some tips from this Diwali. From rocking a simple Kanchipuram saree to a designer lehenga, Deepika has always made all attires simple but elegant.
Mostly heavy embroidered solid color lehenga that comes with a cape is what she opts for. Parity this with a heavy neckpiece or a heavy earpiece would be a wonderful way to make you stand out. Her statement bun or ponytail is sleek and polished, this gives the whole look a traditional side but with a twist.
For makeup, just like Deepika, you can opt for earthy colors along with a lightly smoked outlook for the eyes. But if you want to be a bit daring then don’t hesitate to go with a signature red lip.
Bollywood Next-Gen Diva Ananya Pandey’s Diwali Look
Ananya Pandey is not just drop-dead gorgeous but also a fashion inspiration to those who always want to keep it Indian but western. Her fashion game is just amazing. To rock the Ananya Pandey look this Diwali(3), opt for pastel colors, sport sleek straight hair. Keep your make up pink toned and add gloss to your lips.
Here are some styling options:
You can go for pale lime-hued flared trousers and top it off with a shimmery bralette top. You can also add a heavy worked jacket.to get the whole look together and give your body some shape add a waist belt with some stonework. This could be a change from wearing your normal saree and lehenga. Part this look with poker-straight hair with extensions and a Dewey make up.
Stylish and Cute Jhanvi Kapoor’s Diwali Inspiration
Jhanvi Kapoor has everyone’s attention, just; like her mother, this girl already has the fashion game on. Mostly seen in the Manish Malhotra designs. Janvi’s traditional looks(4) are more subtle but with a kohl-rimmed eye. To get the Janvi look go for desi clothes with mirrors, stones, a lot of volume, and embellishments. When it comes to glamor she is an unapologetic diva. To get the divas south Indian look you can wear that traditional Banarasi lehenga with choker neckpiece and earrings. You can also add in a statement headpiece to make the whole look extra.
Kareena Kapoor Khan, The Queen’s Diwali Inspiration Idea
An actress that has managed to be at the top for so long, the timeless beauty Kareena Kapoor Khan is the perfect example for a royal Diwali look(5). The actress has managed to make the fashion people go wow with her choice of clothes, especially for the festive seasons. Sarees, lehengas, gowns, palazzo sets anything you mention, this diva can rock it.
To get the queen of Pataudi look. Opt for pastels, reds, golds, or black colors with lots of work on the clothing. Pair it up with blow-dried hair, thick kohl-rimmed eyes, and subtle makeup. There you go streaming a hot and sultry look that will make you stand out this Diwali.
The Cute and Talented, Aliya Bhatt
Just like her movie choices, whenever the actress steps out in Indian wear she has never failed to make heads turn. One of my favorite looks of Alia is her Shyamal & Bhumika, stunning black lehenga(6). Who said black cant look festive?. The actress looked divine in the black lehengas with sunning smokey makeup(7). She kept the look bare except for the statement earpiece. The whole look was well put together – in other words- gorgeous. Also, guys don’t forget to add in the staple bindi, that’s what makes the look so Indian.
Shilpa Shetty Kundra Diwali Indo Western Look
This ever fit diva of Bollywood always rocks all kinds of attires with her gorgeous body. If you are not feeling it to wear saree or lehengas, then here is a Shilpa Shetty inspired look you can recreate.
When it comes to rocking the desi look with an Indo western flare Shilpa Shetty is a real pataka! To rock like Shilpa wear your saree Dhoti Style(8), Palazo Style, or the lehenga style. Match it up with earrings, well-set hair, and a nice filled brow. Shilpa loved glossy lipsticks so don’t forget to add that.
Here are some other stars who managed to turn heads this season
Mouni Roy’s Simple Festive Look
We love her pink and grey combo saree blouse look(9). The new Bollywood Diva’s look is simple yet stylish. If you hate all the glitter then this look can be perfect for you. This simple Saree looks comfortable to wear and carry. Pair the look with silver jewelry and minimal matt make up. Eye make up is the key here, go for a grey smokey eye look, that will get you that “am festive ready appearance.
Bhumi Pednekar Bold And Daring Diwali Look
Be as bold as you can this festive season, here are some tips we can take from Bhumi Pednekar. Red and silver is a killer combination. This look of Bhumi is comfortable, fashionable, and perfect to rock the festive day with a modern twist. Add it some silver jewelry, matt makeup with bold lips, and some shine of the eyelids – you are good to go.
I hope these ideas will help you bring out the fashionista in you this season- share with us the kloos you created for this Diwali.
- https://www.livinghours.com/bollywood-celebrity-on-diwali/ .(2016).17 Ways to Look Like a Bollywood Celebrity on Diwali.[online] Available at:
- Bennett Coleman & Company Limited.(n.d).Diwali dressing ideas you can take from Deepika Padukone’s stylish closet.[online] Available at:https://www.timesnownews.com/entertainment/fashion/article/diwali-dressing-ideas-you-can-take-from-deepika-padukones-stylish-closet/309319
- The Indian Express Ltd.(2019).Ananya Panday’s trendy take on ethnic wear will inspire you to recreate the look.[online] Available at:https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/fashion/ananya-pandey-diwali-fashion-anushka-khanna-5438838/
- https://elle.in/article/jhanvi-khushi-kapoor-festive-designer-inspiration/ .(n.d).Jhanvi and Khushi Kapoor give us major festive dressing inspiration.[online] Available at:
- Cable News Network LP, LLLP. A Time Warner Company. (2019).Here’s Why We are Obsessed With Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Jaw-dropping Diwali Look.[online] Available at:https://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle/heres-why-we-are-obsessed-with-kareena-kapoor-khans-jaw-dropping-diwali-look-1932107.html
- Shaadisaga.com (Boatman Tech Pvt. Ltd.).(2018). Alia Bhatt’s Diwali Look is Major Inspo for all you Pataka Bridesmaids.[online] Available at:https://www.shaadisaga.com/blog/alia-bhatt-s-diwali-look-is-major-inspo-for-all-you-pataka-bridesmaids
- wikihow.com.(n.d).How to Get Smokey Eyes With Makeup.[online] Available at:https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Smokey-Eyes-With-Makeup
- Beauty And Makeup Love – Indian Beauty & Lifestyle Blog. (n.d).Beauty And Makeup Love.[online] Available at:http://www.beautyandmakeuplove.com/diwali-outfit-inspiration-celebrities/
- freekaamaal.com.(n.d).Best Celebrity Outfit For Festive Season 2019.[online] Available at:https://freekaamaal.com/blog/best-celebrity-outfit-for-festive-season-2019