Are you stressed about your skin problems and is it making it even worse? We’ve got the magical remedy you need. Aloe vera, this botanical that anyone can easily grow in their household, is a power pack of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are great for our skin. However, most of us don’t know how to use aloe vera gel on the face overnight in the right way. Don’t worry, we got you covered! In this article, we have addressed every single detail about how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel On The Face At Night: What Is Aloe Vera?
A plant with long, thick, and spiky green leaves- ALOE VERA! These succulent plant species are indeed a boon to the beauty and cosmetic industry. The clear gel found in the aloe vera plant has a plethora of benefits ranging from anti-inflammatory and soothing properties to depigmentation.
If included in a daily skincare routine, it can do wonders for your skin including calming irritated skin, reducing redness, and healing acne scars and other wounds. The cosmetic industry has mostly capitalized on these advantages by incorporating them into products which include moisturizers, toners, and sunscreens.
Apart from its aesthetic use, aloe vera offers several wellness benefits. It enhances immunity, improves blood flow, and is used to treat gastrointestinal disorders owing to its high nutritional content, which includes vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel On The Face At Night For Skin Brightnening
The presence of aloin, a natural depigmenting compound, aloe vera makes it effective in skin whitening and tan removal. Now, let us learn how to use aloe vera for skin brightening:
Aloe Vera And Turmeric
Turmeric(1) is the most widely used natural ingredient for skin brightening and when combined with aloe vera it can gift you radiant and even skin tone with ease. For best results, use this mask once or twice a week.
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mix together the aloe vera gel and turmeric until well combined.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your skin using your fingers or a brush.
- Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse off the mask using lukewarm water by gently massaging the mixture in a circular motion.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Note: Turmeric can stain your skin and clothes. So, it is ideal to wear an old dress while applying the pack.
Aloe Vera And Cucumber
Cucumber has many benefits when used in skincare; it calms skin inflammation, cleans the pores, and gives a glowing complexion. Let us examine how to use aloe vera for skin whitening along with cucumber to attain a constant glow.
- 2 tablespoons fresh aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- Chop the cucumber and blend it with fresh aloe vera gel in a blender or food processor till you get a smooth, watery consistent paste.
- Using your fingers or brush, apply this mixture evenly on your skin.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask using cool water and pat your skin dry with a clean cloth.
Aloe Vera And Lemon
Lemon aids in breaking down dead cells as it has natural bleaching and cleansing properties. Lemon and aloe vera, when mixed together, effectively removes tan and gives you glowing skin. This pack gives the best result when applied twice or thrice a week.
- 2 tablespoons fresh aloe vera gel
- 5 to 6 drops of fresh lemon juice
- Mix the aloe vera gel and lemon juice well.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the face using a circular motion.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel For The Face?
Now we discussed how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night, now let’s understand how to use it on your face. Aloe vera gel, with its excellent hydrating and cooling properties, is the best choice as your morning soothing gel. Applying aloe vera gel every morning gives you hydrated and calm skin that lasts all day. Also, applying the gel in a gentle circular motion improves blood flow, thus facilitating healthy and youthful skin. Additionally, it may serve as a natural primer to keep your makeup in place all day. Here’s how to use aloe vera soothing gel on the face in the morning:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and pat dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- Take an adequate amount of aloe vera gel and using circular motions, apply on your face evenly.
- Let the gel get absorbed into your skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer and sunscreen to protect your skin from UV damage.
Benefits Of Using Aloe Gera Gel For Skin Brightening
wonder how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night for skin brightening? Using aloe vera gel on your face can give you an instantly glowing complexion without costing an arm and a leg. Here are some of the main benefits of using aloe vera gel on the face every day:
- Soothes and hydrates the skin: Aloe vera gel is one of the best ingredients to make your skin hydrated and soothing. It can also aid in reducing inflammation and redness and thus, providing a boost of hydration to the skin.
- Promotes healthy skin regeneration: Aloe vera gel helps to promote healthy skin regeneration. Aloe vera gel can promote skin regeneration and healing when used often.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: By boosting the production of collagen, a protein that is essential for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness, aloe vera gel improves the elasticity of the skin and as a result reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.
- Fights acne and blemishes: Aloe vera gel, with its natural antibacterial properties, can fight active acne(2) and also lessen acne scars, blemishes, and dark spots.
- Provides a natural glow: Using aloe vera gel on the face every day can give you refreshed, radiant-looking skin. It contains properties that can brighten and give you a dreamy even skin tone.
Side Effects Of Aloe Vera On Face
Hope we made you understand how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night but wait before you apply, you should be aware of a few potential drawbacks even though aloe vera gel is usually safe to use on the skin. The aloe latex or aloe juice, a yellow bitter-tasting substance found just beneath the outer layer of the aloe leaf may, when applied on the skin, can cause skin irritation, redness, and burning. So, if you are extracting fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf, be careful enough to clean the aloe vera thoroughly using water.
Some of the rare but potential risks of using aloe vera on the face are:
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to aloe vera (mostly people with sensitive skin) which can result in skin irritation, redness, itching, and swelling.
- Photosensitivity: Even though aloe vera makes skin hydrated, soft, and supple, it can make the skin more sensitive to the sunlight which eventually increases the risk of sunburn and sun damage. So, be careful to avoid direct sun exposure after applying aloe vera, and remember not to skip your sunscreen.
- Dryness or flakiness: Even the divine nectar can turn poison if exceeds the limit’, goes a proverb. Likewise, using too much aloe vera gel can result in dry, flaky skin.
- Stinging or burning sensation: When applied on broken skin or open wounds, aloe vera can cause a stinging or burning sensation.
If you see any of these signs, see a dermatologist right once. Before trying out any product on your face, it is vital to do a patch test and make sure that it isn’t allergic to your skin. Each individual has a distinctive skin type, so what’s successful for one particular individual might not be successful for another. Remember, skincare, at most times, is a gamble.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel On The Face At Night?
Many of us are perplexed about the best time for skincare. You’ll be wondering when to use aloe vera gel in your skincare routine. Any time of the day is a good time to apply aloe vera gel. Now the question is, ‘Can we apply aloe vera on the face overnight?’ YES, in fact, using aloe vera gel on our face overnight can be cent percent more effective than using it during the daytime as our skin repairs itself while we sleep. So, just don’t hesitate to apply aloe vera gel at your bedtime; helps your skin nourish and hydrate while it’s in its reviving state. Now let us take a look at how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night:
- Step 1: Cleanse your face: The golden rule is before applying any face pack on your face. Remove makeup and grime by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser. Pat dry your face with a clean towel after washing your face with any gentle cleanser of your choice.
- Step 2: Apply aloe vera gel: Apply an adequate amount of aloe vera gel to your face. Massage the gel gently in circular motions till it gets absorbed into the skin completely. Ensure that you’ve covered your complete face, including the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
- Step 3: Let it sit overnight: Let the aloe vera gel get absorbed to your skin overnight and work its magic. Get stunned by the radiant and glowing skin that awaits you in the morning.
- Step 4: Rinse off in the morning: In the morning, just repeat the first step, that is, cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser and patting it dry with a clean towel.
Aloe vera gel can be sticky and may transfer onto your pillowcase or sheet. In order to prevent this, wait until the gel gets fully absorbed into your skin before going to bed.
Applying aloe vera gel overnight can give you a hydrated and glowing morning face. Moreover, it soothes inflammation, promotes healing and provides an even skin tone.
Leaving aloe vera gel on your face overnight allows the antioxidants and nutrients in the gel to work their magic for a longer period of time. Eventually, the best time to apply aloe vera gel is determined by your personal preferences and skincare requirements.
Yes, aloe vera is generally safe to use on your face everyday and can enhance the overall appearance of the skin as it has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties.
Now let’s come to the final verdict on how to use aloe vera gel on the face at night.
Overall, aloe vera is a versatile and natural ingredient that benefits your skin in numerous ways. You can also trim the fat from your expense by growing this go-to skincare remedy in your household rather than spending dollars on expensive products. Following the tips outlined in the article, you can incorporate aloe vera gel in your skincare more effectively. With regular use, aloe vera gel can turn out to be one of the inevitable secrets of your beauty.